PO Box 5094
Brentwood, TN 37024
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. In addition, we may use the information collected from you to contact you regarding our products and/or services.
In order to use certain areas of Simplify Compliance Sites, a user may need to complete a registration form. During registration, a user may be required to give contact information (such as name and email address). We use this information to contact the user about services on our site for which he/she has expressed interest. Some information is optional while other information may be required. In some cases a unique identifier (such as, username and password) may be required in order to obtain further benefits from our Sites.
Forms on the Simplify Compliance sites that request financial information do so in order to bill you for products or services ordered.
1. What information do we collect?
Simplify Compliance sites collect the following Personal Information about site visitors:
a) Site Use Information
Simplify Compliance collects technical information relating to each time a visitor comes to a Simplify Compliance Site, including IP address, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform type.
We may also collect information about your visit, including pages you searched for and viewed and for how long, page response times, download errors, page interaction, and any phone number used to call our customer service number. This information can be collected without registration. This technical information allows us to assess support needs and the popularity of content across Simplify Compliance sites.
We may use this information for Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, or Google Analytics Advertising Reporting Features. Basic and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to Simplify Compliance Sites (see item 2 in this Policy). Some Simplify Compliance Sites use Bombora to aggregate anonymized data about customer interests.
Some websites use Crazy Egg web analytics service. These services may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, as well as text you type in the website. Crazy Egg is not using the information to collect any personally identifiable information entered into the website. Crazy Egg does not track your browsing habits across websites that are not using these services. Information collected by Crazy Egg is used on an aggregate basis to improve site usability. You can opt out from these services by visiting their site: https://www.crazyegg.com/opt-out.
b) Information Provided to Simplify Compliance
You may provide Personal Information to us which may include your name, personal and/or work email address, postal address, phone number, company name, job title, certification designation, etc. If you are making a purchase, you might also provide your credit card information. This information is optional to benefit from certain Simplify Compliance products and services.
Surveys: When you participate in a Simplify Compliance survey, we may ask for your Personal Information, such as name, e-mail address, employer, and any other informa
- Simplify Compliance collects Personal Information in the following ways:
Membership Applications: You are sharing Personal Information with us when you join or renew your membership to any Simplify Compliance associations, including the Association of Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialists (ACDIS), the National Association of Healthcare Revenue Integrity (NAHRI), and the Association of Home Care Coding & Compliance (AHCC). Your membership log-in credentials will allow you to take advantage of exclusive, locked content on Simplify Compliance Sites.
- Other Registration: When registering for complimentary online programs, we may ask for the same type of Personal Information.
- Online Purchases: When you make a purchase through any of Simplify Compliance’s e-commerce sites, or when you subscribe to one of our publications through any Simplify Compliance site, you may be asked for the same type of Personal Information.
- Other Subscription: When you subscribe to an e-mail newsletter, you may be asked for the same type of Personal Information. In many cases, your e-mail address will be required for fulfillment of the subscription.
- Content: When you download complimentary content, including whitepapers and reports, from a Simplify Compliance Site, you may be asked for the same type of Personal Information in order to access.
- Employment Applications: When you apply for employment with Simplify Compliance, we may ask for your Personal Information, including copies of your Resume, and any other information required to verify your qualifications.
- Surveys: When you participate in a Simplify Compliance survey, we may ask for your Personal Information, such as name, e-mail address, employer, and any other information. Sometimes, the survey will be anonymous, in which case Personal Information is not required to provide input.
3. Does Simplify Compliance share information with third parties?
Occasionally, we make our customer list available to other reputable organizations so you may receive offers you might find interesting. We permit carefully selected organizations to advertise in our e-mail publications or let them sponsor products. To stop receiving such e-mails, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the e-mail or send an e-mail to Service@SimplifyCompliance.com at any time.We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
a) Information You Give Us
1. Personal Information provided when you register for services or products. When you provide Personal Information about you on a Simplify Compliance Site to make a purchase or access an asset, we may share such Personal Information as necessary to the complete the transaction requested by you. Simplify Compliance also reserves the right to sell or otherwise provide mailing and information lists to selected third parties. These third parties may contact you directly regarding their products and services.
If you wish to opt out of the sale/distribution of such lists to third parties at any time, you may do so by opting out. We will not share Personal Information relating to individuals based in the EU or the United Kingdom unless you have provided your opt in consent.
2. Sensitive Personal Information. Simplify Compliance does not share sensitive Personal Information such as passcodes, credit card numbers, or health information except as necessary to complete your requested transactions, to process employment applications, or to comply with legal obligations. In such cases, this is done under strict confidentiality and security protections.
Simplify Compliance may use third party companies and persons to perform certain functions for us. These functions might include processing credit card payments, providing customer service, and sending e-mail. These other companies and persons may have access to customer information (such as Personal Information) that is needed to perform their functions, but they are under contractual confidentiality obligations and are not authorized to use the information for any other purposes.
3. In the course of our business, Simplify Compliance might buy or sell sites or assets. In these kinds of transactions, customer information (such as Personal Information) is usually one of the transferred business assets. In the event that Simplify Compliance, its subsidiaries, or affiliates is acquired, merged, or otherwise combined with another party, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
b) Site Use Information
We may provide third-party sponsors/advertisers with front-end statistics (i.e., impressions and click-throughs) on the performance of their advertisements. In addition, we may share website statistics with other third parties.
4. How do we use the information we collect?
- Request access to your Personal Information. You may have the right to request disclosure of any Personal Information we have about you, including recipients or types of recipients with whom we’ve shared Personal Information, the period for which Personal Information will be stored, the source of Personal Information, and any automated decision-making taking place around Personal Information.
- Request correction of your Personal Information. You may have the right to rectify any inaccurate Personal Information we have about you.
- Request removal of your Personal Information. You may have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have about you.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information. You may have the right to prevent or restrict us from processing your Personal Information.
- Request transfer of your Personal Information. You may have the right to request, where technically possible, the transfer of Personal Information directly to a third party.
If you wish to exercise your European or UK data subject rights, you have the following options:
Send an e-mail to Service@SimplifyCompliance.com
Send a mailed request to:
Simplify Compliance, PO Box 5094
Brentwood, TN 37024
9. What kinds of processes and procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
Simplify Compliance Sites have security measures, such as firewalls, in place to protect your Personal Information. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we take precautions within our control to prevent these occurrences. Certain sensitive information collected for transactional purposes, such as your credit card number, is encrypted prior to transmission.
You are ultimately responsible for the security of your Simplify Compliance login credentials. You may not share your login credentials with others who have not purchased or subscribed to restricted content on Simplify Compliance Sites. You should log out of Simplify Compliance systems on your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your Personal Information.
If you submit Personal Information to Simplify Compliance through any channel other than our Sites, the same privacy rules set forth at Part I above for Simplify Sites will be applied to the use and processing of your Personal Information, apart from the following:
- The “cookies” and other tracking devices used by Simplify Compliance Sites do not apply to Personal Information gathered through other channels.